“Brain drain: a one way ticket?” workshop information
During the European Week of Regions and Cities, Organized by the EU Committee of the Regions and the European Commission, ETTW President, Raymond Xerri, participated in an important workshop, entitled ‘Brain Drain: A One Way Ticket?’
The Harghita county Council of Romania, at the occasion of the European Week of Regions and Cities (EWRC) of the European Committee of the Regions, organised a workshop on the workforce migration of youth and the brain drain phenomenon.
Dr. Raymond C. Xerri participated in the debate to present the ETTW views on this issue.
- Title of the event: BRAIN DRAIN: a one way ticket?
- Date: 9th of October 2018., 14:30- 16:00
- Venue: SQUARE–Brussels Convention Centre The Arc (https://www.square-brussels.com/en/)
- Interpretation: Spanish, English, Romanian and Hungarian
- Link for the registration: https://europa.eu/regions-and-cities/programme/sessions/41_en
- Mr. Tibor Navracsics, European Commission, Commisionner for education and culture
- Mr. José Ignacio Ceniceros (TBC), President of SEDEC Commission, CoR
- Mr. Iuliu Winkler, MEP
- Mr. Csaba Borboly, member, European Committee of the Regions and president of Harghita County Council
- Mr. Radimir Čačić, Assembly of European Regions, President for the AER Committee on education, youth and culture
- Mr. Tadeus Truskolaski, European Committee of the Regions – Less Developed Regions Interregional Group Mr. Dr. Raymond C. Xerri (TBC), ETTW – Europeans Throughout the World
- Mr. Antonio Ranieri, CEDEFOP, Head of department for learning and employability
- On 8th of October, between 16:30 and 18:00 the EWRC is organizing a Tasting Event during the opening Ceremony of the Agora Exhibition at which we will also plan to participate to present local values and local traditional food tasting.
- On 9th of October, after our workshop we will also organize a small networking