- The social network LinkedIn :
As many of you will know LinkedIn is a free social network, which in particular is used for professional, business and organisational purposes.
We have now started two special ETTW groups on LinkedIn:
- One closed group – only for people on invitation (the Bureau members and others involved in our work). Its name is: ETTW VIP
Its purpose is the facilitate fast and easy internal information between us all
- Another one for everybody: Name: Europeans Throughout The World
Its purpose is to reach out to the LinkedIn public at large – 260 million. Many of them are European expats.
- I kindly ask you to join LinkedIn as soon as possible, if you are not already a member of this free network. I enclose a description of it, which I have written.
- When you have joined you can easily find out two groups by seaching them under each of their names in the Search box.
- Our present website continue to be under the address: www.euromonde.org
- As we want to reach out to many more people, not least young people around the world we are creating a new multifuntional website with easy access also from mobile devices, with Google Hangout service, You Tube, and much more.
- It is being contructed under the web address: www.euromonde.eu Of course, it makes at the moment a reference to our old website to ensure that nobody will try to visit us in vain. More information in January.
- SKYPE: as we are dispatched all over Europe I want us to use the free SKYPE service as much as possible in our conferences. From my other tasks I am very much used to chair conferences with several participants at SKYPE conferences.This will save us all time and resources. So if you are not a member of this free service, please register. It is very easy. I enclose a note, I have written about how. Please, let me know, when you are in.
- Our web sites:
- Our member organisations:
I have made new progress in contact to relevant ministries, parliamentarians and organisations in Germany, Spain, Poland and Portugal. I will pursue them in January. Our aim is, of course, to have member organisations in all European countries as soon as possible.
- Special effort for YOUNG European expatriats:
I have also established contacts to leaders of a couple of very big and very active youth organisations and movements in Europe. They are very keen in helping us in our work.
Niels Jørgen Thøgersen
December 22, 2013 [/level-registered-users]